If you want a device that can cool your beverages in as short as one minute, then the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller is just right for you. Ever had those days when surprise guests suddenly arrive, leaving you wanting for a cool bottle of wine or cans of soda or beer to quench their thirst? A lot of people certainly had, which is why wine coolers are so popular. Even so, even the best wine coolers may not be fast enough to cool your drinks (especially if unexpected guests appear on your doorstep!)
We found Amazon.com to have the best prices on all wine chillers including the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller. Click here to check it out.
What is the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller?
The Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller is the brainchild of Greg Loibl, who conjured up the idea for his chemical engineering masters thesis for the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art (the school which will eventually be the namesake of the beverage chiller) in 1992. What emerged from his thesis was essentially the prototype of the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller, a device that could chill a beverage can from room temperature (around 77 degrees Fahrenheit) to drinking temperature (around 40 degrees Fahrenheit) in just under 45 seconds. Together with his co-advisors, Loibl eventually got a patent for his invention. A few years later, their company, the Revolutionary Cooling Systems, Inc. was founded, with the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller being their most well-known product.
The Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller has a unique chilling system. Once you place your beverage in the cooling chamber and choose the settings you prefer, the device that spins the container will send a spray of cold water, allowing it to chill the drink quickly. This unique method of chilling allows the Cooper chiller to cool drinks as much as 40 times compared to conventional wine chillers and refrigerators.
If you’re worried about your drink exploding when you open it because of the spinning action, don’t be; as it only spins the container and not the liquid itself so you have no fears about it squirting the cold liquid in your face when you open it. You will need to feed the device two trays of ice cubes and two cups of cold water in order for it to work.
Product Features and Specifications of the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller:
- Chills beverages fast. The Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller is known for its ability to chill drinks fast: cans are chilled in just 1 minute, bottles in 3 minutes, and 750 ml wine bottles in 6 minutes.
- Removable lid. The lid can be removed so that you can also chill taller bottles.
- Unique chilling method. It sprays beverage containers with ice water while it rotates, ensuring that the drink gets chilled fast.
- No Spin option. The No Spin option is for people who don’t want the labels on their wines ruined because of the rotating motion of the Cooper chiller. This can also be chosen by users who are careful about chilling their delicate wines.
- Can also heat beverages. The Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller doesn’t just chill drinks. By replacing the cold water with hot water, you can heat a variety of drinks using this device.
- User-controlled settings. The Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller has a touchpad for users to choose what settings they are comfortable with. The touchpad includes extra-chill settings, preset times, and an add-ice light indicator.
- Measures approximately 16 x 10 x 8 inches
What Do Users Have to Say about the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller?
A lot of users love the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller, from the quick way it chills drinks to its small size (so it doesn’t take up too much counter space). The price is also relatively inexpensive, especially considering its great features.
As with other appliances, there are downsides of the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller as well. Some people are turned off by its plastic construction because it looks a little cheap. There are also those who complain that you can’t fit wider bottles in it, such as those for champagne, since the cooling chamber isn’t that wide enough to accommodate its size. The fact that you will need to use 30 ice cubes to make this device run is also inconvenient for some people, since there are times when you simply don’t have these in your fridge.
In spite of these downsides, the fact remains that the Cooper Cooler Rapid Beverage Chiller is one of, if not the fastest beverage chiller in the market today. If you’re the kind who loves having guests over, you won’t regret getting one of these for your home.